Simply Connect With Global Cache
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer, significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché’s belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
Flex Link Serial cables allow serial devices to be controlled with the Flex family of products. With the Flex Link, RS485 Serial Cable, the Flex Link RS232 Serial cable, and the Flex Link RS232 Mini Jack cable, RS232 and RS485 serial devices can be simply connected to the network for seamless control. The Flex Link RS232 Serial cable and the Flex Link RS232 Mini Jack cable provide connections to devices with different physical RS232 connectors. The Flex Link RS232 Serial cable features a standard DB9 connector that allows for swapping pins in setup. The Flex Link RS232 Mini Jack cable utilizes a 3.5 mm mini-jack, allowing for direct connections to 3.5 mm mini-jack RS232 ports and serial inputs on many common TVs and other AV devices.
The iTach Flex includes the unique ‘Global Port’, enabling you to choose which types of device the iTach Flex controls by selecting any of the Flex Link Cables:
- Flex Link IR Blaster – Blasts IR signals to all devices in 10m range
- Flex Link IR Emitter – single IR emitter
- Flex Link Tri-Port IR Cable – enables up to 3 IR emitters to be connected to on iTach Flex
Note – the Flex Link cables are not included with the iTach Flex, you need to choose at least one Flex Link Cable when you order the iTach Flex.
FIBARO HC2 INTEGRATION
To enable the Fibaro Home Center to use the iTach devices, we need to create a Virtual Device. This Virtual Device sends the correct IR commands to the iTach to control the particular appliance and can be used from a browser, smartphone or tablet.
This guide below shows you how to:
- Create a Virtual Device in Fibaro Home Center
- Use IR Commands that the iTach has ‘learnt’ for a specific appliance
- Use the Virtual Device to control the appliance using IR commands via the iTach IR adapter
Make sure you have configured your iTach adapter and have used it to ‘learn’ the IR codes of the appliance you wish to control.
Full information is in this document.
- Manufacturer Part #: FLC-SL-485
- Interface: Serial RS485; 4-wire (full duplex) and 2-wire (half duplex) capable
- Connector: 5 pin screw terminal block
- Speed: 300 baud to 115.2 Kbaud
- Cable/Connector: 5 feet, 3.5 mm plug connects to Flex Link Port
- Warranty: 2 Years