The iTach Flex Wi-Fi enables you to easily control any Infra-Red (IR) appliance via your home’s Wi-Fi network. Appliances such as TVs, DVD/Blu-Ray, Amplifiers can all be controlled from your Z-Wave network controller (via Wi-Fi), this means you can position the iTach Flex anywhere you need it and then control it from your Z-Wave controllers such as Fibaro HC3 or VERA.
The iTach Flex includes the unique ‘Global Port’, enabling you to choose which types of device the iTach Flex controls by selecting any of the Flex Link Cables:
- Flex Link IR Blaster – Blasts IR signals to all devices in 10m range
- Flex Link IR Emitter – single IR emitter
- Flex Link Tri-Port IR Cable – enables up to 3 IR emitters to be connected to on iTach Flex
Note – the Flex Link cables are not included with the iTach Flex, you need to choose at least one Flex Link Cable when you order the iTach Flex.
The iTach Flex includes access to the Global Cache IR database as well as being able to learn your appliance’s IR codes.
- Smart end-points enhance and connect standalone devices
- Standard 3.5mm jack supports almost any protocol using Flex Link cable
- Built-in HTTP support for simple and instant network connectivity
- Downloadable iLearn software allows capture and playback of IR commands
- Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- 4MB flash memory – store web pages and files accessible via URL
- 4-conductor Global Port allows for versatility using Flex Link cables
- Built in IR learning and access commands to cloud-based IR database
- Made in the USA and RoHS compliant
FIBARO HC2 INTEGRATION
To enable the Fibaro Home Center to use the iTach devices, we need to create a Virtual Device. This Virtual Device sends the correct IR commands to the iTach to control the particular appliance and can be used from a browser, smartphone or tablet.
This guide below shows you how to:
- Create a Virtual Device in Fibaro Home Center
- Use IR Commands that the iTach has ‘learnt’ for a specific appliance
- Use the Virtual Device to control the appliance using IR commands via the iTach IR adapter
Make sure you have configured your iTach adapter and have used it to ‘learn’ the IR codes of the appliance you wish to control.
Full information is in this document.
- Manufacturer Part #: FLEX-IP-P
- Power Input: 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Network Connection: RJ45, 10/100Mbps
- LED Indicators: Power and connectors to indicate activity and status
- Global Port: 4 Conductor connection (TRRS: tip, ring, ring, sleeve)
- Male DB9 with automatic configuration sensing
- 600 baud to 115.2 Kbaud data rates supported
- Odd, Even, and None parity settings
- Bi-directional with hardware RTS/CTS flow control
- Flex Link Cables: Supports IR Out, IR Blaster, IR Tri-Port and Serial
- IR Output: From 20 to 500 kHz. 3.5mm connector.
- Control APIs:
- TCP: ASCII textual commands compatible with iTach and GC-100 protocol. Comma-delimited, carriage return terminated.
- HTTP: New web-based control using HTTP commands with JSON payload data.
- Dimensions: : 2.58(L) x 1.22(W) x 0.82(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, RoHs compliant